Danielle's Amalfi Coast & Capri guide! Enjoy the stunning hilltop towns and breathtaking coastal views around Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. Where to eat, what to do and where to stay.
TO STAY AT:
- Casa privata praiano
This chic yet relaxed little retreat is hidden away in the back lanes of Praiano, set in a dreamy, rambling garden. It is the sort of bucolic bolt- hole that can be hard to come by on the tourist- frenzied Amalfi Coast.
- Tiberio Palace
The fun and quirky interiors of the Tiberio Palace scream Capri glamour: colourful vintage armchairs, pop art and an eclectic mismatch of curios from the world over.
- La Tonnarella, great for lunch.
- Tommaso allo Scoglio in Nerano, a classic.
- Book you a table on the beautiful rooftop terrace of Casa Angelina, a 5 minute drive from Casa Privata.
- Incredibly panoramic and fine dining restaurant of Villa Cimbrone in Ravello, in time for sunset; after dinner you can enjoy both the sea- facing gardens of Villa Rufolo and Villa Cimbrone, said to be among the most beautiful in the world.
- Le Sirenuse, iconic hotel and home to excellent restaurant La Sponda.
- Li Galli Islands. Dedicate a day to discovering the mythical islands of Li Galli which legend says were home to the Sirens; you’ll be able to swim in the inlets and coves along the coast.
- Visit Fiordo di Furore, one of the most famous naturalistic attractions of the Amalfi Coast.
- Explore Capri by sea and its numerous coves, grottoes and bays, with swims at the iconic Faraglioni.
- Fontelina for the whole day with lunch at the restaurant.
In need of outfit inspiration for the trip? Here you go!